Lately I've been on a waffle kick - I'm all about trying to get in a lot of protein + healthy fats first thing in the morning. I wanted to share my recent go-to protein waffle recipe with y'all!
What You'll Need:
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I use this one in the peanut butter cookie flavor)
- 1/4 serving of Kodiak Cakes (~13 grams)
- 1/2 serving of egg whites (~23 grams)
- 1 serving of cacao nibs (~3 grams)
- 1/8 of a serving of Greek yogurt (~28 grams)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Sprinkle of baking powder
- Your choice of toppings (I used syrup, coconut flakes, banana slices, strawberry slices, and peanut butter)
Mix everything together (except your toppings obviously) in a measuring cup. You want a lump-free, batter-like consistency. Spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray and let waffle cook. I prefer mine to be a little crispy. Once your waffle is cooked add your desired toppings and enjoy a healthy, protein-packed breakfast!
What are some of your favorite waffle toppings?!