I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to work with so many women and watch these waves of confidence take place - it is a good reminder when I'm feeling down on myself.
For the most part, I'm a pretty confident woman. I know that I am strong, smart, and capable of great things. But sometimes I let situations get the best of me and slowly rob me of my confidence. It happens so subtly that I don't even realize that my confidence is slowly slipping away. That's why it's so important to remind yourself EVERY SINGLE DAY how awesome you are. I used to hate the phrase "fake it til you make it" but honestly, it works. Grab a piece of paper and a pen and write down 5 things that you LOVE about yourself. I'll do it with it you:
1. I am an incredibly hard worker and I don't let anything get in the way of reaching my goals.
2. I am thoughtful and good at showing my loved ones how special they are to me.
3. I am strong - squatting/deadlifting over 200 pounds? CHECK!
4. I am creative (I'm talking projects, workouts, writing, home decor...not so much painting and/or drawing, haha!)
5. I am smart - okay, there I said it! This is the one that I've struggled with this semester. Sometimes I lack confidence in myself when it comes to school. I make all As, but for some reason I still feel like I don't measure up. I question myself on the regular, "Am I smart enough to be an SLP?" YES, YES I FREAKING AM (I blame neuroanatomy for causing me to question myself).
Repeat these things to yourself every day. Believe them. Live them. You create your truths.
So cheers to you, girl! Own who you are - from the inside out. You are strong. You are beautiful. You are enough!