I have to be honest - my attempts at relaxing the last few days have been futile, to say the least. Relaxing makes me antsy. I'm not good at just being. Which is not something that I'm proud of. I'm going to try my best to be more present and not ruled by busyness. I know that it's essential for my mental health. That being said, I have a list of things that I plan on doing during my summer break (because I have to make a list before I can relax right? HA)!
- Lots of city bike rides...followed by acai bowls. My husband and I LOVE biking around Tampa (see above). Last weekend we had acai bowls post-bike ride and people...I AM HOOKED. I plan on biking my way around the city and refueling with an acai bowl multiple times this summer.
- Study for the GRE. Not everything can be all fun and games, am I right? I registered to take the GRE on August 19. LAWD help me. I took it last year before I started school and I was one point shy of where I wanted to be on the verbal section. I feel like I'll be better this time around since I've been back in school for almost a year now. My brain is back in study/exam mode. Nonetheless, please send me good vibes!
- As I mentioned before, read. I did a post on Tuesday talking about the books that I want to dive into this summer. I don't know if I'll get to all of them, but I'm going to do my best.
- Watch my dogs run around like crazy. Just see below. I can't get enough, y'all. They are too much and I love them so much!
- Soak up the sunshine. Whether it be the beach, the pool, or the river, I plan on spending a good chunk of time on the water and getting my fill of vitamin D.
- Shadow speech-language pathologists. I've arranged to spend some time at a local speech, language, and reading clinic this summer, and I'm SO excited! I've read about the field and shadowed a little bit, but now that I have a little bit of foundation knowledge under my belt, I think I'll get more out of shadowing this time around.
- Enjoy a few (aka a ton of) almond milk lattes. Not that I need it to be summer break to do this...because let's be real, I do this at least once a week no matter what. I make frequent visits to my favorite local coffee shop to get my AML fill.
- Brunch/lunch/dinner dates with girlfriends. I'm not used to having empty spaces on my calendar but you better believe that I'm filling them up with girlfriend dates galore. I don't get to spend much time with my friends during the semester so I make the most of these little breaks.
- More yoga. I say this ALL the time, but I really do want to up my yoga/meditation game. I actually have a brunch/yoga date on Sunday so that's a step in the right direction!
Do you have any special plans to wrap up summertime? I'm always looking to expand my list!