Things I Got Out of June:
- I managed to get As on all 3 exams that I've taken for my summer classes...3 more to go! I'm also feeling more confident in my decision to go back to school every day.
- Adam + I got new bikes and we squeezed in lots of city bike rides (despite the RIDICULOUSLY hot weather).
- I drank a lot of almond milk lattes (my new favorite) at cute, local coffee shops with some of my favorite people (my husband and my grandma, lol).
- I got a brand new planner that I LOVE (more on that in an upcoming post).
- Adam + I created our first "adult" budget and despite a few setbacks (mostly Buck's unexpected vet trip) we stuck to it.
- I got an IUD put in - I know this might be TMI for some people but I would gladly do a post on it if anyone wants details (I mean why not...I did a post on my boob job a few years ago, lol)
- I read a few books - I want to read more and I plan to once summer classes are over at the end of this month!
- A new mentality - I know this sounds extreme but it's true. I've really been focusing on a few things: 1. Being present. 2. Saying positive affirmations and things I'm grateful for every day (out loud). 3. Choosing to have a good attitude despite circumstances. 4. Not letting anxiety/fear of the unknown drive me crazy.
One of our weekend bike rides on Bayshore:
Things I Plan to Get Out of July:
- A lot of GRE studying done. I have to take it in August (again...groan).
- Finishing up my summer classes (2 classes + a research assistant position) with As.
- Like I mentioned before, lots of pleasure reading.
- Basking in the sunshine since I have A WHOLE MONTH OFF OF SCHOOL (PRAISE).
- Lots of lunch/dinner dates with girlfriends.
All in all, June was a month of mental growth for me. As I get older, I come to realize where I want to be in life, and I'm not afraid to do what I need to do to get there. Here's to July...I'm ready for ya!