We've heard all our lives that eating veggies is super important...especially green veggies. I try to vary the way that I eat my veggies so that I don't get bored with them. I'm at a point where I never really feel like eating a salad so I've had to get creative about getting my greens in.
Now hear me out...I know a lot of y'all are probably grossed out when it comes to green smoothies. It sounds weird (and let's be honest, gross) to be drinking spinach. BUT this one is sweet! I promise. I don't even taste the spinach.
I've made quite a few versions of green smoothies, but this one is by far my absolute favorite (I blame my sweet tooth). It reminds me of a fruity, Hawaiian drink, hence the name Green Island Smoothie.
Here's what I blended together to make this drink:
- 1 cup of coconut water (I used Zico's natural flavor)
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana (I like to use frozen so that the smoothie is cold)
- 5-7 chunks of honeydew (my favorite fruit at the moment)
- 3-5 chunks of pineapple
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used a whey vanilla flavor)
- 1 packet of Stevia to sweeten (optional)
If you're iffy about green smoothies, give this one a try! It really is the best one I've tried so far!
Let me know what y'all think :) A little tip: I pour my smoothies in mason jars so that I can take them to work and drink them.
Oh and can we talk about the fact that it's JULY... what the what? Where did that come from?!