If you've been reading this little blog of mine for more than let's say, a week, you know that I've been growing out my luscious locks (okay, they're getting there...). I talk about it on the regular, because I've been working hard to grow this out:
Cute shot of me stuffing my face on Easter a few years ago. You're welcome. Anyway, I've made some serious progress (which you've seen if you follow me on Instagram) and I've had some of y'all ask me what hair products I use/what I've done to grow out my hair.
Well today, the mystery is revealed. Okay, it's not really a mystery...just a bunch of random stuff that I tried and worked for me. Here you go:
1. Redken Body Full Shampoo - I use this every other day (which is how often I wash my hair).
2. Redken Extreme Conditioner - I use this every other day as well.
3. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Oil Treatment - I use a dime size of this on the days that I wash my hair. After I get out of the shower and comb through my hair, I apply this to the shaft and ends of my hair. I make sure not to get too close to the roots or it makes my hair greasy.
4. Not You Mother's Beat the Heat - I use this whenever I'm using heat tools on my hair as a heat protector. I spray it throughout my damp hair before blow drying (after #3).
5. Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Tousling Hairspray - I use this before I straighten or curl my hair to tame the fly aways on top of my head. They're pretty out of control, y'all.
6. Not Your Mother's She's A Tease Volumizing Hairspray - I use this as my finishing hairspray every day. I use it for each layer that I'm styling as well, to give each layer some texture before I style it.
7. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo - OBSESSED. This is my favorite dry shampoo. I use this on the days that I don't wash my hair.
8. John Masters' Organics Sea Mist - I use this when I curl my hair to give it texture. I also use it to bring my second (or third...don't judge) day curls back to life. I don't use this everyday, because it dries out my hair (it's supposed to make your hair beachy).
I also take a 5,000 mcg Biotin vitamin every morning and get trims every 8ish weeks. My hair stylist knows that I'm in the process of growing my hair out so she only takes off a very little bit each time I go. I also get my hair colored each time I go to her.
If you have any questions, ask away :) Oh and I'm still working up the courage to do the requested wavy-curl tutorial...