I figured today would be a good day to give y'all some tips that help me kick the holiday munchies! We've all worked so hard this summer to meet our weight goals so we shouldn't let a few holiday treats ruin that...let's leave the holiday belly to Santa, shall we? ;)
Yep. That's Adam eating icing out of the can while we were building gingerbread houses a few years ago. Here's a little bonus tip: don't do that ;)
How to Kick the Holiday Munchies:
1. Make a realistic workout schedule now so that you can stick to it throughout the holiday season. You're gonna be busy shopping, attending holiday parties, throwing holidays parties, etc. If you know you will only have time to work out 3 days a week, that's fine, but be sure to make those 3 days count! Don't get lazy!
2. Replace "bad" treats with "good" treats. Helloooo Pinterest! I've seen tons of great recipes that don't have 5 pounds of sugar and 8 pounds of butter in them.
3. Keep healthy snacks in your purse (like the "good" treats from #2) so that you're not tempted by the treat table at work. Make sure that the snacks you keep with you are appealing so that they actually swerve your temptation...don't pack something dull like almonds, because let's be serious, who is gonna be able to pass up a Christmas cookie for a few almonds?
4. Give yourself a weekly limit of treats that you can eat so that you don't feel deprived and end up binge eating junk. I will be the first to tell you that I have a major sweet tooth. I hate not being able to eat every dessert that I see. But I know that if I give myself a weekly limit, that I'm not so tempted throughout the week. I enjoy the few treats that I allow myself and then move on with my life.
5. Don't buy it and it won't be in the house to tempt you! Easier said than done for those of you with families, I know. But think about it, if you don't buy (or bake for all you Betty Crockers out there) the holiday sweets they won't be in your house, calling your name around 10 PM ;)
These are just a few things that I do during the holiday season to keep myself in check :) Remember, the holidays are meant to be enjoyed. Don't kill yourself, but don't completely let yourself go either. Find what works for you and stay consistent!
Oh and the winner of the October giveaway is...
Congrats girl :) The giveaway contributors should be in contact with you!